Comments on KEH?

Buy, sell and barter cameras and accessories.

Moderators: Abbazz, Peter Evans

Comments on KEH?

Postby mowbray » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:27 pm

hi there

i was wondering if anyone has purchased stuff from KEH and can give a comment?
i hear they are great- can anyone confirm that or maybe someone has experienced something else...

cheers,
m
mowbray

Re: Comments on KEH?

Postby Abbazz » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:51 am

I have ordered quite a few items from Keh during the last three years and would not hesitate to recommend this online store. Delivery is fast and the items are well packed. Prices are a bit more expensive than on eBay -- although not always -- but you get a rock solid return policy. Keh's ratings are very conservative, meaning that an item in perfectly usable state with only some cosmetic blemishes is described as "bargain" condition, while the same item on eBay auctions is described as "near mint" :grin:

Be sure to read the descriptions thoroughly, as items are usually not sold with all the accessories that were provided in the package when sold new: cameras usually come without case, lenses without caps, digital cameras without batteries, chargers, software or cables, etc.

Cheers!

Sébastien
Abbazz
Site Admin

Postby Peter Evans » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:58 am

I've only bought from KEH two or three times, but my experience echoes Sebastien's.
Peter Evans

Postby eclecticbuzzard » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:12 am

I just received my GSW690ii from KEH. It was shipped by Fedex ground. The brown paper packing material they used at the bottom of the box to nest the camera in was not sufficient enough to absorb the beating a box gets when thrown around by the people at Fedex. The lens hood suffered a serious enough dent that I could hardly pull it forward to expose the aperture/shutter controls. I called KEH and they said they would send Fedex straight back to pick it up from my house and I had my choice of having my money fully refunded, or they would examine the damage, send the camera back to me and refund some of my money. They were very pleasant on the phone and perfectly willing to reimburse me for the damage.
eclecticbuzzard

Postby Bill DeJager » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:03 am

eclecticbuzzard wrote:I just received my GSW690ii from KEH. It was shipped by Fedex ground. The brown paper packing material they used at the bottom of the box to nest the camera in was not sufficient enough to absorb the beating a box gets when thrown around by the people at Fedex. The lens hood suffered a serious enough dent that I could hardly pull it forward to expose the aperture/shutter controls.

They stopped using packing peanuts and switched to crushed brown wrapping paper due to the EU banning the peanuts. Since then I've had a few close calls where the camera gear appeared to have not been adequately protected during shipping when I opened the box. Apparently the packing paper crushes down during shipping so what was good cushioning at the time of packing may not be by the time of arrival. They have been better about this more recently.

Nevertheless, KEH has been very good over the years in refunding my money when problems have come up for one reason or another.
Bill DeJager

Return to Marketplace