Lens shutter repair in France or Europe

A place to discuss 6x9 photography from a technical standpoint.

Moderators: Abbazz, Peter Evans

Lens shutter repair in France or Europe

Postby Arno » Sun May 06, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi,
I'm looking for a place where I could have my 65mm lens shutter repaired, preferably in France or in Europe. Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot folks!
"The mother of excess is not joy but joylessness"
-F. Nietzsche-
Arno

Postby Abbazz » Mon May 07, 2007 12:42 am

Hi Arno, welcome to this forum.

In France, try the Fuji repair facility first:

Service Après-Vente FUJI
2 avenue Franklin, 78186 Saint Quentin en Yvelines
Tel.: 01 30 85 65 43
Fax: 01 34 60 57 45

If Fuji cannot help (very likely, because these cameras are not officially supported), you could try Formosaflash (I have heard nice things about it) or Nikken Techno. The shutter in the Fujinon lenses is a plain Seiko 0 shutter, which is very commonly found in Japanese MF cameras (Mamiya, Bronica, Kowa). Almost any professional repair facility should be able to deal with those.

Cheers,

Sebastien
Abbazz
Site Admin

Postby Arno » Mon May 07, 2007 8:12 am

Thanks a lot for those informations Sebastien!
-F. Nietzsche-
Arno

Postby vinlem » Mon May 07, 2007 6:34 pm

Hello Arno and Sebastien,
I went to Formosaflash 2 or 3 times for an old Mamiya lens and Olympus cameras, they did a good job each time, they're located near the place du colonel Fabien, 75010.
Cheers, vinlem
vinlem

Postby Arno » Mon May 07, 2007 6:49 pm

That's another good adress in my notebook, thanks vinlem!
-F. Nietzsche-
Arno

Postby Max » Tue May 08, 2007 2:20 am

From my experience, a good repairman can get these shutters to work accurately even if he never had prior experience with them. Apparently, they are quite straightforward. i took mine to a local repairman i knew from previous jobs on other cameras and he made my 50mm run perfect, but he also got my 100 AE to work too. It was fairly off when I bought it, and this guy got it back on all the manual speeds (one of the sealed diodes had leaked and he got an identical replacement) especially the long speeds, and the auto setting works but the light meter cell is very slow to react, useless for fast readings. it was very impressive he got the two problems apart (the combination made it really hard to understand what was going on) and fixed the manual right on, and also told me he could wait for a similar photocell from a different camera and calibrate it to work if I needed that. I didn't because i'm used to a handheld meter, and I have to use it for the other lens anyway. No magic tricks, just good engineering.
He charged me something like 30 dollars for each lens (the 100 went with a camera CLAD , go figure what his numbers are).
Max

Return to Tech Talk